The subject of Art develops student creativity as well as an ability to communicate with other people through visual images.
In learning to express themselves in visual ways, students will sharpen their powers of observation. In developing the ability to analyse and describe works of art from various historical periods and in different styles, they will learn to understand and appreciate a wide variety of art works. Furthermore, students will explore art through a variety of media, materials and experiences.
The aims of the Art and Design programme are to:
- Learn about artistic traditions of own and other cultures;
- Develop the ability to communicate in various artistic media;
- Appreciate that art has been an important media for communicating and recording ideas and feelings;
- Appreciate the similarities and differences among the various forms of artistic expression of people around the world;
- Link the study of art with other subjects and topics in the curriculum and learn relationships of line with geometry, technology and computers.