Language is not only a medium for communication; it is a tool for thinking. All the precise creation of knowledge, profound examination of humanity, and significant production of literature of human beings are closely related to language. The language programme of the Primary Section at YCIS is not only about listening, speaking, reading and writing training, but also a construction process of one’s intellect.
The learning of Chinese Language at the Primary level is orgranised into three strands--literacy, reading and writing. On one hand, we aim for cost-efficient and effective learning results based on the learning pattern of the Chinese language; on the other hand, we help students progressively develop their organisation skills by providing them with training in the three strands, and equip them to be lifelong learners with the basic intellectual ability including analytical, generalising, comparison, appreciation, critical thinking and creative skills.
The aims of the Chinese Language programme are to:
- Develop the literacy, listening, speaking, reading and writing competence of students, and establish a good learning habit in them;
- Develop the self-learning ability of students;
- Inspire the imagination and creativity of students;
- Develop the logical thinking, appreciation and critical thinking abilities of students;
- Foster an enjoyment for the Chinese language;
- Lead students to develop proper values;
- Foster students’ understanding of the Chinese culture.