The Music curriculum is intended to help students develop an understanding and appreciation of music--as well as learning an instrument--so that they will find music a lifelong source of enjoyment and personal satisfaction.
The aims of the Music programme are to:
- Provide an understanding of the basic elements of music through listening to, performing and creating music;
- Create and perform music compositions applying their knowledge of the elements of music by using a variety of sound sources;
- Sing and play instruments with expression and proper technique;
- Listen, identify and perform music from various cultures and historical periods;
- Communicate in language their thoughts, feelings, preferences and responses to different types of music;
- Develop the ability to work with others in small and large groups for specific purposes.