The programme is designed to provide students with learning experiences to explore issues of personal and social concern.
Students will examine their values and attitudes within a Biblical framework so that they can manage their lives based upon the truths of the Bible and live life to the fullest.
There are five strands that guide the learning in the programme:
- Self management
- Healthy lifestyles
- Human relationships
- Sexuality issues
The aims of the Personal, Social and Health Education are to:
- Provide a Christian-based value education programme that fosters strong character and moral development;
- Demonstrate self-awareness and self-reliance by learning to be more independent and more responsible in their actions to themselves and others;
- Lead a healthy lifestyle by developing the attitudes and behaviour that encourage active involvement in physical activities, being discerning about the healthy aspect of the foods they eat, and developing an awareness of their own and others safety, and their own protection in the community;
- Provide learning experiences to help students understand themselves, their feelings, their goals and aspirations, their values, goals and expectations and how they are able to contribute to a stronger and more confident self-image of themselves;
- Demonstrate active and responsible citizenship that is grounded in an understanding and respect for the roles, rights and responsibilities of individuals and groups;
- Deal with conflict--encourage students to see the viewpoints of others, accept responsibility for their own actions and, work co-operatively to achieve results.