As our students prepare to take their place in the 21st century, they must have a sense of knowing who they are, their purpose in life and a love for mankind.
They need the skills that enable them to analyse their own actions and culture, and the cultures of others so that they may help chart the path for a better way of living. Students need to choose a standard to live by that will help them filter the abundance of information.
The Personal, Social and Health Education aims to enable students to understand themselves, society and the world at large, maintain healthy personal developments and become confident, informed and responsible persons. It also upholds moral and spiritual values based on Christian faith, affirming the worth and dignity of each individual while instilling in each student a caring attitude towards people and the environment.
Students will learn to:
- Lead a lifestyle that enables them to have a healthy physical and emotional development, and develop a positive outlook on life as well as harmonious relationships with family members and others in the community;
- Develop an understanding that the changing relationships of people, locations and events in the past have an impact on human society today and in the future;
- Examine the influences of culture on human life and the characteristics and values of their own culture, and to evaluate the culture and heritage of other communities;
- Demonstrate active and responsible citizenship that is grounded in understanding and respect for the roles, rights and responsibilities of individuals and groups, appreciation of the importance of social justice and concern for local, national and global issues;
- Embrace the teachings of the Bible which will direct them on the right path.