At YCIS Hong Kong, we offer a wide range of Co-curricular activities as students’ after school activities for students in Years 2 to 13 through our multifaceted Co-Curricular Programme (CCP). In our Co-Curricular Programme, we offer a wide variety of age-appropriate activities after school, allowing our students to develop new skills and interests, and to build collaboration and teamwork skills in fun and enriching ways. The CCP and after school programmes add value to our whole person development goal.
Our CCP is offered during the two semesters per year, and some of our recent Co-curricular activities have included:
- Choirs, orchestras, and bands
- Drama productions and musicals
- Sports, including basketball, touch rugby, soccer, martial arts, dance, hiking, volleyball, tennis, and swimming.
- Chinese cultural crafts, Chinese dance, and traditional Chinese instruments
- Cooking classes
- Science, technology, and robotics lessons
- Chess club
- Debate club
- Environment club
- Model United Nations club
- Photography and art classes
- Community service and charity activities
and many more!
YCIS has various sports teams and students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of inter-school programmes. The Secondary Section is an active member of the competitive team sports organisations, such as the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS), the International Schools Sports Federation Hong Kong (ISSFHK) and Hong Kong Schools Sports Federation (HKSSF).
Learn more about the Sports Teams in our Secondary Section: YCIS Home of Sports