YCIS Sports Success in 2015-2016
YCIS had a busy schedule with the inter-school sports competitions throughout the 2015-2016 academic year. The various sports teams played over 300 fixtures throughout the academic year participating in a wide range of sports competitions. Students played against international schools in Hong Kong and China, all organised by International Schools Sports Federation Hong Kong (ISSFHK), Hong Kong Schools Sports Federation (HKSSF), Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS).
Below is the summary of their achievements:
- “A” Girls - ISSFHK Badminton Champions 5 years in a row & 1st place in HKSSF Badminton Competition (Division Three - Kowloon)
- “B” Girls - came 3rd in ISSFHK Badminton Championships
- “C” Boys - finished 4th in the ISSFHK Badminton Championships
- “A” Boys – 1st place in HKSSF Football Competition (Division Three – Kowloon Two)
- “C” Boys Football- finished 3rd in the ISSFHK 7-aside league
- U20 Boys Football- came 3rd in the ACAMIS Soccer Tournament in Chengdu
- “A” Boys Basketball – 2nd place in HKSSF Basketball Competition (Division Three – Kowloon One)
- “A” Boys Basketball – 1st place in ISSFHK Basketball Championships and 1st runner-up in the ACAMIS Basketball Tournament
- “C” Boys Basketball – 3rd place in ISSFHK Basketball Championships
- Girls – finished 3rd at ACAMIS Volleyball Tournament
- Boys – finished 3rd at ACAMIS Volleyball Tournament
- ISSFHK Athletics Championships – Andy Sun finished 2nd in High Jump
- HKSSF Athletics Competition – Ryu Nishimura finished 3rd in 5000m
Ryu Nishimura finished 3rd in the ISSFHK Cross Country Championships and 2nd in the HKSSF Cross Country Competition.
Calvin Chau finished 1st in both the 50m and 100m Breast Stroke, Audrey Lee finished 3rd in the 50m Back Stroke in the HKSSF Swimming Competition.
YCIS finished 3rd at the HK Schools Team Championships organised by HK Golf Association and Yuka Murakami finished 1st in the individual competition.
The school also participated in sports such as Ball Hockey, Touch Rugby, Fencing, Gymnastics, Tennis and Archery.
Congratulations to all the teams and players of YCIS. Well done!