Our Infant & Toddler Learning Programme (ITLP) is specifically designed for children aged six months to two years. Our play-based programme takes the form of a half-day nursery setting, with an accompanying adult from the child’s family circle.
The multiple benefits of early childhood stimulation can be shared and enjoyed in our safe, child-centred kindergarten. Young children’s communication development and relationship building are highly valued at YCIS, within our bilingual English/Chinese (Cantonese) environment.
Things to know:
- Choice of morning or afternoon session, starting at 8.45a.m. or 1.15p.m.
- Choice of 3 – 5 sessions per week
- Each session is 2.5 hours
- Three highly qualified early years co-teaching staff per class
- Teacher: child ratio is 1:6
- A healthy snack is provided by the School
- Parent Workshops and parent evenings are organised
We believe the home-school partnership is vital for the child’s growth and development and this begins with parents joining our mandatory Information Session or equivalent private tour with the Head of Admissions. Please see “Visit our School” for options.
Active play is provided through sensory exploration, music and movement, whilst encouraging children to move between our indoor and outdoor environments. Art and “messy play” are regularly enjoyed.