The IB Diploma Programme at YCIS Hong Kong offers an excellent international education that helps equip Upper Secondary students to make informed choices and contributions as caring global citizens of the world. Our IB Programme is academically challenging and prepares students in Years 12–13 (students aged 16–19), for success in a top university and life in an ever-changing global society.
The IB Diploma Programme is a holistic programme, and paired with YCIS’s international focus. Upper Secondary students therefore graduate with a keen and progressive global view in comparison to their worldwide peers. YCIS graduates earning the IB Diploma receive offers from leading universities throughout the world across a broad range of disciplines. Subjects available at YCIS for IB Diploma in higher and standard levels:
- English language and literature
- Chinese language and literature
- Mathematics and Mathematics Studies
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Design Technology, Environmental Systems and Societies
- Economics, History, Geography, Psychology, *Information Technology in a Global Society (*online)
- Music, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts
Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) is a core component of the IB Diploma programme for our Year 12 and 13 students. The IB Diploma CAS programme aims to help students balance the academic rigour of their academic programme, and encourages them to engage in experiential learning and reflection. IB Diploma students are expected to extend themselves in meaningful ways through creative endeavours, physical challenges, and service for their communities and beyond. The IB Diploma Programme also requires students to study Theory of Knowledge and submit their Extended Essay.
- 8.10 a.m.: Upper Secondary students can attend regular assemblies that have a theme.
- 8.25 a.m.: Students organise their belongings in their lockers, and they then move to their form rooms (homerooms) to listen to their form teacher’s updates on important daily news and activities.
- 8.40 a.m.: Students take their first lesson.
- 9.40 a.m.: Students then have the chance to relax and catch up with friends during their morning break time. The IB students have their own common and socialising area of the campus.
- 10 a.m.: Students move to their daily Chinese language lessons based on their language level.
- 10.55 a.m.: Students form their groups for a session with a University Guidance Counsellor or attend Theory of Knowledge lesson.
- 11.50 a.m.: Students enjoy a healthy lunch in their cafeteria area with a wide range of hot and cold options.
- 12.45 p.m.: Students participate in a Humanities or other elective subject lesson.
- 1.40 p.m.: Students learn about the fascinating world and concepts of science or another elective subject.
- 2.35 p.m.: Students may have private study session where they are welcome to use the library.
- 3.30 pm.: Students gather their belongings from their lockers and prepare to return home. Most students are busy after school with a wide-range of YCIS Co-curricular activities.
YCIS – Secondary is an authorised IB World School