The 4th YCIS Founder’s Day took place on October 9 and all of the activities were once again held on our Secondary campus. The PE, Art, Science and Music staff stepped up to organise a number of fun, wide-ranging, interactive and engaging activities for all the students:
- Paper Fashion (Art) – Students designed a paper costume based on characters from fairy tales.
- Popsicle Kinetic Art Competition (Science) – House teams had to build the longest and most attractive “exploding kinetic art” installation (see video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmK3jZ84pY).
- Music Quiz Bowl (Music) – Students had to create and practise a cheer and chant. They then had to also answer a series of questions related to music.
- Benchball (PE) – House teams had to work out the best tactical way to get all of their team members on the bench before the other team. Students had to catch the ball while standing on the bench or line. (This was a very active and physical game.)
- Volleyball (PE) – Students competed against each other in a series of volleyball matches. The first team to score 25 points won the game.
- Tug of War (PE) – The strongest house teams worked together to pull the rope and make the opposition reach the halfway point.
The day started at 10 a.m. when a live feed from Beijing was watched by our whole school in the gym. From there, the entire student body moved on to having a busy but fun day. The school day finished with a House Founder’s Day Award Presentation. This year’s congratulations went out to the RED house who deservedly won the Founder’s Day Cup.
Scores:1st Place – Red 1285 Points2ne place – Blue 1040 Points3rd Place – Yellow 1030 Points3rd Place – Blue 1030 Points